PT Wijaya Karya Bitumen
COMMITMENT TO DELIVER EXCELLENT PRODUCTS
Commitment is made to keep the company consistenly striving to reach the company's vision and mission. PT WIKA Bitumen, as the producer of Buton natural asphalt, is committed to produce and develop the excellent product from Indonesia natural resources.
Year 2017 is the fourth year for PT WIKA Bitumen, which previously known as PT Sarana Karya, became a subsidiary company of WIKA Group, the well-known construction company that has become public listed company. As a subsdiary of WIKA Group, the management of PT WIKA Bitumen always strives to constantly innovate and commit to create an excellent product. It becomes a long-term commitment that covers all aspects of company's values.
PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk, which established over fifty years, has produced excellent products, by implementing highest commitment and hard work. Recently, WIKA Bitumen as the subsdiary continuously strives its best to improve the performance in every aspect, form the company management, human resources management, to innovation's spirit and advance technology.
- The history of PT Wijaya Karya Bitumen or well known as WIKA Bitumen has started since the Dutch colonial era, more precisely since 21 October 1924, whenever Mining Concession of Buton Asphalt for 30 years has awarded to a Dutch entrepreneur namely Mr. A. Volker; who managed the Company until 9 August 1926 and then the ownership and management of the company was held by a Dutch Company, N.V.Mijnbow En Cultuur Maatschappij Boeton (MMB).
- Since 21 October 1954 the mining operation and management was done by Indonesian, through Kementerian Pekerjaan Umum, Jawatan Jalan-jalan dan Jembatan up to 12 May 1961.
- On 12 May 1961, based on the Government Regulation (Peraturan Pemerintah) No. 3 Year 1961, Perusahaan Aspal Negara (PAN) was established, where Butas Section at Direktorat Jalan-jalan dan Jembatan was merged into PAN.
- Based in the Government Regulation No.3 Year 1984, the status of PAN was changed into Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) which was done through establishment of PT Sarana Karya (Persero) on 1 September 1984.
- Through Government Regulation No.91 year 2013, all stocks of PT Sarana Karya (Persero) was sold to PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk, through the Sales Purchase Agreement with the MInistry of State Owned Enterprise on 30 December 2013 and PT Sarana Karya (Persero) officially became the subsidiary of PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk.
- Based on the approval of Minister of Law and Human Right through SK No.AHU-05084.40.20.2014 year 2014 on 7 July 2014, it has agreed the change of company name from PT Sarana Karya (Persero) into PT.Wijaya Karya Bitumen (WIKA Bitumen).
AVAILABILITY OF ASPHALT
- Oil Asphalt was a derivative product of a Refinary Process from Crude Oil, in Indonesia produced by Pertamina.
- Decreasing of crude oil reserve in Indonesia and in the world has made the availability of oil asphalt became more limited.
- Increasing activities of infrastructure development projects by Indonesia Government, in the year 2015-2019 will certainly increase asphalt requirement.
SUPPLY - DEMAND OF ASPHALT
- Total domestic demand of Asphalt in Indonesia, approximately around 1.2 up to 1.6 million ton per year.
- Production of Asphalt by Pertamina from Cilacap Refinery was around 400,000 ton per year.
- The gap of demand, currently supplied by imported asphalt approximately around 0.8 - 1.2 million ton.
- There is an opportunity for substitution of imported asphalt.
- As long as the price of Buton Natural Asphalt product is competitive, it has an oppurtunity to supply the asphalt demand of Western Indonesia Region, as well as Eastern Indonesia Region, currently supplied from Pertamina - Cilacap Refinery Unit or Imported Asphalt, with entry point through Jakarta/Surabaya.
- In order to be wisely used, the development of Buton Natural Asphalt was focused toward the Extraction Process, which can fully substitute the Oil Asphalt and save the foreign currency, also will save the road maintenance cost by the Government with a better quality of natural asphalt.
- Improve the competitiveness of WIKA in road infrastructure business.
- WIKA through WIKA Bitumen will manage the Asphalt Industry and Trading business, initially with the production of 66,000 Ton Pure Buton Natural Asphalt PEN 40/50 per year (100% local content), focusing to the Domestic Region of Indonesia.
- An opportunity for development strategy of Backward Integration by WIKA Group.
BUTON ASPHALT POTENTIAL
- Total deposit of Natural Asphalt available in Buton rock approximately around 700 milion ton in accordance with the investigation result by PUPERA Ministry.
- Asphalt content in Rock 10% up to 30% or 20 % in average.
- WIKA Bitumen has 2 (two) IUP or concession in BUton, one in Lawele Area and another one in Kabungka Area.
> Deposit in Lawele area around 25 million Ton with total area of 100 Ha and average asphalt content of 25,17%.
> Deposit in Kabungka area around 17 million Ton with total area of 318 Ha and average asphalt content of 20,27%